Rose City Antifa is pleased to announce that we will be hosting the 16th annual Anti-Racist Action (ARA) Network Conference in Portland, Oregon from July 22 to the 25, 2010. The conference will include ARA’s annual plenary, caucuses, and discussion on current issues facing antifascists. We are also organizing several workshops and social events that will be open to non-members. We hope all ARA members as well as anti-fascists who agree with our four Points of Unity will join us in July!
- Workshops will be on a wide range of subjects including:
- The Far Right and the Ecology Movement
- Anti-Semitism and Holocaust-Denial
- White Supremacy and the Police
- Anti-Racist Organizing in Rural Communities
- Left-wing Anti-Semitism and Left/Right Overlap
- Anti-Fascist History
- And several more…
Check out our website– Rose City Antifa–over the next month for updated information regarding location, schedule, and public events.
Please note that only Network-affiliated chapters will be allowed to attend the plenary. If you are a part of a non-affiliated chapter or collective that wants to become affiliated with the ARA Network, please contact the organizers to receive registration materials. All friends of ARA are welcome and encouraged to participate during the rest of the weekend. We hope that you will come and add your voice to the movement!
If you are new to anti-fascism, please come and learn from our experience and help us open our eyes to new possibilities.
If you are a former member of the Anti-Racist Action Network, please come and get back in touch with us.
If you are an unaffiliated chapter, come to the conference, meet other antifascists and take the opportunity to learn more about ARA and the benefits of joining the Network.
Please mark the date on your calendar and plan to join us in Portland for our annual conference!
Rose City Antifa, the Portland chapter of the ARA Network
contact: fight_them_back at riseup dot net
- Anti-Racist Action Network’s 4 Points of Unity:
- We go where they go: Whenever fascists are organizing or active in public, we’re there. We don’t believe in ignoring them or staying away from them. Never let the Nazis have the street!
- We don’t rely on the cops or courts to do our work for us: This doesn’t mean we never go to court. But we must rely on ourselves to protect ourselves and stop the fascists.
- Non-Sectarian defense of other Anti-Fascists: In ARA, we have a lot of different groups and individuals. We don’t agree about everything and we have a right to differ openly. But in this movement an attack on one is an attack on us all. We stand behind each other.
- We support abortion rights and reproductive freedom. ARA intends to do the hard work necessary to build a broad, strong movement against racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, homophobia, discrimination against the disabled, the oldest, the youngest and the most oppressed people. We want a classless free society. WE INTEND TO WIN!